Effective Date: September 21, 2018
Personal Information Defined
Browsing the Website
If You browse through the Website without entering any Personal Information, BTW Insurance will automatically gather and store certain information about Your visit. This information does not identify You personally and cannot be linked back to You unless You decide at some point to identify Yourself. If You are only browsing, BTW Insurance may collect the following information (whenever possible): IP address, domain name, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, the date and time You access the Website, the pages You visit (click-through), and if You linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website as well as additional information related to Your visit. BTW Insurance uses Your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website.
Personal Information BTW Insurance Collects
BTW Insurance collects the following Personal Information that You submit voluntarily when you request a quote for health, life, and other insurance products or request a consultation. Requesting a quote or a consultation requires You to provide BTW Insurance with Your name, location, age, e-mail address, physical addresses, and telephone numbers. Personal Information may also include other personally identifiable information You may affirmatively provide to us
BTW Insurance does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. Do not complete any request form if You are under the age of 18.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information You submit to BTW Insurance, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide You and other Users with the Services, to respond to requests that You make, to improve our Services, and to operate, maintain, and improve the features, functionality, performance, and support of the Services.
BTW Insurance specifically uses the Personal Information that its gathers about You for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to You, to communicate with You about Your use of the Services, to respond to Your inquiries, which may include communicating with You via email;
- To provide You with a quote for health insurance;
- To contact You regarding the purchase of insurance products, to provide you with information regarding insurance products, and to provide assistance with enrolling in any type of insurance product;
- To provide You with satisfaction surveys in order for BTW Insurance to improve its Services; and
- For marketing and promotional purposes (For example, BTW Insurance may use Your information, such as Your email address, to send You news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact You about products or information BTW Insurance thinks may interest You, including the products and services of promotional partners. BTW Insurance also may use the information that BTW Insurance learns about You to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites).
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
For Healthcare.gov Marketplace Applications
BTW Insurance is authorized to collect Personal Information from You by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (“CMS”). In the event that You submit Personal Information for the purpose of enrolling in a Marketplace Qualified Health Plan (“QHP”), any Personal Information that BTW Insurance collects will be used to help You enroll in a QHP (and other related products you select, if applicable). If You choose to give BTW Insurance Personal Information, BTW Insurance may share this information with CMS and the insurer You select. CMS will maintain this information in a federal System of Records. Personal Information is used or disclosed only under the following circumstances: in order to provide the services HST is designed to offer – to compare insurance plans based on costs, benefits, and other important features; to determine eligibility for health coverage and cost-sharing reductions through HealthCare.gov; to choose a plan; and to enroll in coverage Providing your Personal Information is voluntary. If You choose not to provide BTW Insurance with the Personal Information requested, or not to respond to certain required HealthCare.gov questions, BTW Insurance will not be able to help You enroll in a QHP through the Marketplace. We recommend reaching out to the Marketplace Call Center directly at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) for further assistance in this scenario. For more information, please visit CMS Privacy Notice for HealthCare.gov.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Your chosen insurance company in order to process your application;
- Third party companies that help BTW Insurance process or service Your application; and
- Other third-party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with BTW Insurance to provide You with some of the Services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with User.
Legal Obligation to Disclose
Changing Personal Information and Opting Out
You may change Your Personal Information by notifying us in writing at:
Care of: Privacy Coordinator
5016 Spedale CT # 210
Spring Hill, TN 37174
or emailing us at: Info@btwinsurance.com
You may opt out of receiving satisfaction surveys and/or information on additional products and services from BTW Insurance by contacting us at the address or email address listed above. Please note that You will still receive communications from BTW Insurance regarding your insurance quote, application, and policy even if you opt out of receiving our surveys and/or notices of additional products and services.
On occasion BTW Insurance will make available to potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners aggregated results from research it has conducted regarding visitors to the Website. BTW Insurance may count, track, and aggregate visitor activity into our analysis of general traffic flows to the Website and may merge this information into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners. In such case, BTW Insurance will only provide demographic information on an aggregated basis and does not disclose individual User information.
Links to Other Web Sites
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes